STAR Kids is a Medicaid-managed care plan. This plan helps children and young adults who under the age of 21 with disabilities. Texas Children’s Health Plan offers STAR Kids in the Harris, Jefferson and Northeast Service Areas.
Personal care services.
Private duty nursing.
Durable medical equipment and supplies.
If you get services through a Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) intellectual and developmental disability (IDD) waiver, the Youth Empowerment Services (YES) waiver, or live in an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF-IID), you will get certain LTSS through your health plan, but you will continue to get your waiver or facility long-term services and supports through your waiver or facility, the way you do today.
If you do not get services through a DADS IDD waiver, YES, or ICF-IID, you will get all your LTSS services through the STAR Kids health plan you pick.
If you get services through the Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) waiver, you will get all your LTSS through the STAR Kids heath plan you pick.
- Caregiver Respite Care Services. Texas Children’s Health Plan proposes to offer twenty-four hours of in-home respite services as an extension of their home and community-based services.
- Extracurricular Activity Fee Assistance. This extra benefit is available to all members enrolled with Texas Children’s Health Plan and are specifically enrolled in the STAR Kids program. To qualify for this extra benefit, members should be between the ages of 5 and 21.
- Smoking Cessation Benefits. Texas Children’s Health Plan offers smoking cessation benefits as a value-added service for STAR Kids Members. Up to $75 above the basic benefit – for nicotine replacement products including over the counter and prescription items. Health coaching, education and referral to approved programs offered free of charge to tobacco dependent parents of all members that agree to coaching.
- Parent Training. Texas Children’s Health Plan offers accredited parent training seminars on a variety of topics from which parents of STAR Kids Members may choose. Topics include caring for children with certain diagnoses, such as ADHD or Autism; navigating special education opportunities and services; and parent training on advocating for children with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Parents may attend any accredited seminar.
- Post Hospitalization Follow-Up Visit Incentive. STAR Kids members may receive a gift card for completing a follow-up visit after being hospitalized within 7 to 14 days of discharge.
To sign-up for these meetings, contact:
Elaine Hime at 832-828-1544 or email: email@example.com
Deadline to register, is 3 business days prior to meeting date.
2019 Dates for the STAR Kids Member Advisory Groups
Jefferson SA STAR Kids Member Advisory Groups
NE MRSA STAR Kids Member Advisory Groups