It is important to Texas Children’s Health Plan to keep your child healthy. That is why we place so much importance on well-child checkups and immunizations. We also encourage you to keep a relationship with your main doctor. You and your child’s doctor will work together to keep your child healthy and well.
Texas Children’s Health Plan is designed to provide you with access to a network of doctors, hospitals, and other health service providers. All have been specially trained to care for children and teenagers. Our health plan was founded on the belief that you and your child’s doctor are the two people best qualified to care for your child’s health.
As a Texas Children’s Health Plan CHIP member, you get all the great benefits that CHIP offers:
- Doctor visits.
- Dental care.
- Hearing tests.
- Vision care.
- Hospital care.
- And more!
Plus, as a Texas Children’s Health Plan CHIP member, you also get extra benefits such as:
- More than 1,100 doctors and 3,200 specialists.
- 24-hour nurse help line.
- Help with transportation to the doctor.
- Home visits and support for members with asthma and diabetes.
- School and camp physicals.
- Temporary phone help.
- Keep Fit Program.
- Houston Dynamo soccer clinics and leagues.
- Free health coaching to quit smoking.
- Disease Management Program.
- Much more!